Man I feel really bad for the Tumblr Staff because I bet they aimed for Tumblr to be a cool, suavé, photographic place for artists but in reality it’s made up of hormonal teenagers who obsess over gay fictional characters, and can’t even handle the reblog button turning green to teal
IT IS MINT GREEN
I’VE REBLOGGED THIS TWICE BEFORE REALISING THAT THE STAFF SAID THAT!
i hate fillers in anime series, because they make you like the character they slap you with and then kill them because in the manga they don’t really exist or their fate is to be dead, thus proceding into crushing your feels in the most brutal way
or just make them magically disappear
we are not people who touch each other carelessly; every point of contact between us feels important, a rush of energy and relief.
"rush of energy and relief.." wishper while staring at the the fifth gif
A super fuck-ton of knuckle/hand references (per request).
so.. you americans want to know what its like in canada…..
Americans still won’t know because this is in Celsius
i can confirm. it was minus 2 today, and i went out coat less.
It’s -5 and I have the window wide open, hahaha
-3 and I have my windows open too!! Gotta get that fresh air in!
It’s so funny how relative weather is, like, when I was up North it was like “Oh wow it’s only -20, let’s sleep outside tonight!” (Not even an exaggeration I’m talking for real) but down in LA it’s like “jeeze it went from 30 to 15 better wear a hoodie with my jacket”.
But I know it isn’t me losing my edge, because when I was back in Winnipeg at Christmas it was like “woah yesterday was -50 but today is only -15? I don’t even need a jacket!”
I THINK I AM NOT PREPARED FOR CANADIAN WEATHER
i don’t even know how -5 is like, i think i might not survive very much around there
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
themockingcrows replied to your post “I KNOW i should do something else entirely instead of trying this …”
….. :Timidly raises hand:
I KNOW i should
- do something else entirely instead of trying this
- do something else
also i don’t really expect much response from this, since i’m not drawing like, at all latelly, and other reasons lol, but still i want to
hurt myself try anyway:
is somebody there that wants to make an art collaboration w/ me? °u°/